Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What has my life become?

Recently I found myself submerged once again in the blogging world. Reading someone's blog can be like finding a window into someone's most personal and intimate feelings. I have been visiting blogs from those that have experienced some amazing things and ultimately endured or are enduring the most life changing events one could ever expect to be faced with.

Today I have to share what I can no longer pretend is not true... all the crazy things I never thought I was really thankful for but when faced with the the thought of not having them in my life...makes me want to cry. So today I am thankful for:
The sounds of screaming, fighting, crying and giggling children
Mess after mess that I get to clean up
Mounds of dishes and laundry that haunt me daily
Cookie and cracker crumbs that I find out of my kitchen
Mopping up the floor and walls and ceiling after my children bathe
Peanut butter and jelly finger prints on my cabinets, wall and banisters
Lost sippy cups and pacifiers
Diapers, formula and wipes
Milk and toaster waffles
Endless requests for Bunny Milk or Cocoa Milk (Nesquik Mix)
Constantly repacking the enormous diaper bag
Having people to fight with about the things that are really not important
Having someone to hold during the quiet times
Little ones that love that I sing to them
Having someone who is always up for a dance
Reading the same books over and over
Watching the same movies and cartoons over and over again
Doctor offices and co-pays
Mounds of medical bills piling up
My house overflowing with toys
The oxygen tank in my living room
Not finding time to dust, vacuum and mop daily
Hearing my name "Mom", "mama" and "MOMMY" over and over again
Trying to find a baby sitter
Having messes in the mini-van
Having a reason to have a mini van
Trying to convince my five year old
Chasing after my two year old and
Catering to my six month old
...Well I think you get the idea. The alternative to this crazy life of mine is nothing I would ever wish for...I will find goodness in something everyday no matter what! Thank you to all the parents out there that have opened my eyes to ALL of my blessings right in front of my eyes and under my foot!!

May you see that God has blessed you too.

No comments: