Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our children are sponges or at least Sponge Bobs

Layla is still attempting to master the art of walking. She is so fast on all fours that she has not fully realized the world of walking and all it has to offer.
As I sit here, Layla is trying to blog by my side and Sam is telling her this activity is not for babies as Layla has a handful of Sam's hair and continues to shout and pound on the computer. She will not be limited by those around her... she is stubborn and determined, she will limit herself thank you very much!!
Samantha is loving preschool. She is learning so much and has the alphabet "pretty much done", her words not mine. We practice her letters and spelling while bathing with her foam letters that stick to the side of the tub. I am just pleased that she knows that the letter Q has a name and sound and should not be referred to as "the blue letter that is a circle with a small line through it and is evil." Again her words not mine.
These beautiful girls of mine are amazing and I am so blessed to be able to spend my days with them and see all that they are learning and becoming. Sometimes I am amazed how smart they seem to be and how quickly they learn new things...and other times I come to the realization that we may be watching too much Sponge Bob in our home, especially when Sam is making Crabby Patties out of Playdoh and calling myself and Layla "barnacle heads."

2 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

That's where that comes from...Maryn started saying barnacle heads and I was blaming Ariel.

Debbie Murdock said...

Sorry didn't finish my thought...I guess I need to cut back on the sponge bob too because Maryn quotes it all the time...also the stubborn and determined thing I think this generation of kids have to be this way in order to deal with all the stuff that is going to be thrown their way when they get older. Okay I'm done :)