Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Well we finally voted! I had tried to do the early vote on Thursday but the line was out and down the side of the building. I went this morning to vote and there was only 15 people ahead of me. I hardly had time to read my book. :( So I voted and since the line was so short I went back to the house and had Michelle go and vote because you know the lines are just going to get longer and longer this evening.

All at the Filby house have had some sort of stomach bug, except for Sam, which is weird cause she is the one that catches everything. Layla has been hit the hardest and has been sick off and on for a long time know. We just went to the doctors to find out what is going on and it was decided to get some blood work. This is the first time Layla has had to give blood since being released from the hospital when she was born. Layla did awesome during the blood draw. She cried a bit but didn't cry for long and was friends again with the nurses a few minutes later, especially when she was given a sucker.

Layla has started to do another thing that is really cute. She looks at you from the corner of her eye with a little grin on her face. Even though she has been sick she still hams it up all the time. I remember when Sam use to do her "crazy eyes" at us, it would make us laugh every time. I love being a dad. I just wish I was around more to watch them grow.

No comments: