Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Win/ Win" Situation

Today I attended a meeting at the church headquarters talking about how we as architects and contractors can help each other so that we can be proud of the final product we produce, or in other words how to create a "win/win" situation.
So as I got back to my office I naturally started thinking about all the things I could do to help improve this situation. Apparently I keep my wife in my thoughts as I found myself thinking about "win/win" situations in our home. I could take the obvious choices like helping with the dishes or tackling the dirty laundry or even getting the Halloween decorations taken down and put away. But as you may or may not know about me, when I think of something that needs to be done it needs to get done right away or it may get forgotten about. So, Since I am stuck in the office, I was thinking to myself, what can I do for my wife that she would appreciate. Well, here it is...It's this blog (I hope she appreciates it). I know, this is so exciting, I bet I get a super cool gift for Christmas now!! To the side of this entry I have added a countdown to remind Michelle of her girls night out. Michelle, at a record pace finished all four novels and already has her tickets for the premier. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page I have added a video bar that has the Twilight movie trailers in it, this should keep her entertained until opening night. I guess you could call this is her win. My win is the video clip right below hers. Its one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack, the song is Decode by Paramore. Check them out. Oh, and by the way don't forget to mute the music on the page before starting the clips, that's one sure way to induce a Tylenol moment!!

No comments: